Tuesday, January 26, 2010

American Pickers.

The other day Mike mentioned to me he saw a show on TV when he was in Seattle he thought I would enjoy watching. It's on the History Channel.

It's called American Pickers. Have you seen it?

OMG ... it is wonderful!!

These two guys go around the country in search of treasures found in old barns and such. Some of the things they find are simply amazing. They barter with the owners of the items and try to purchase the items they are interested in. Sometimes they make a deal, sometimes they don't.

The name of their company is
Antique Archaeology. Where other people see dilapidated barns and overgrown yards, they see potential goldmines packed with rare finds and sensational stories.

Some of the folks just aren't interested in selling. However, they are willing to share the story of the item. I love that too.

I like old stuff ... I love going into a junque store and looking around. There's one on the way to Charlottesville in an old furniture store. I can't remember the name of it. It's awesome.

Last night on the show there was a man with 13 barns full of stuff. He just didn't want to sell any of his treasures. I can appreciate that. He reminded me of a local man, Mr. Meredith. He owns this really neat store near us called Meredith's. Bett and I went in there once when we first moved here. He had some amazing old antiques. When we would ask for a price he'd say, "I'm not ready to sell that". I just didn't understand why you would have an antique store open to the public and not want to sell something. LOL. I still don't. I haven't been in there since ... maybe I should pay Mr. Meredith another visit.


4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a pretty neat show. I'm sure Jerome would like to watch it, probably me too since I love antiques. We're gonna have to check it out. BTW I forgot to tell you that yes, I got the babies hands, lol.

Mandy said...

I have seen bits and pieces of that show over the last couple of days. I loved the one where they bought the Philip Morris Statue Sign. That was awesome and IT WORKED! Looks like a really cool show.

deb famularo said...

I'll have to look for that show. It sounds really interesting!Glad the hubby is back home safe & shound! xOxo

Grin and Barrett said...

Missy,

I ran across this show the other day. I was sucked in. :)

Hope you are having a great day.

Jen