Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Planting Pansies.

Sunday was deceptively warm looking outside ... but in reality it was freezing cold!! The temperature may have read in the 50s ... but brrrrr ... it sure felt colder than that.

We took a trip to Lowe's to pick up a redbud tree (will blog about that tomorrow) and some pansies. I thought it would be great fun to create a little garden with Griffin.


This is the area where the pansies will go ... a little plain, huh?


We loaded up some of the pansies in Griffin's little wheel barrow to move them over to our planting area


Yes ... an honest to goodness picture of me and Griffin together. Here I am dressed in all of my Sunday glory ... sweats and all ...


One of Griffin's favorite discoveries were the worms living in the soil that we dug up ... he was SO happy.


A closer look at his wormy little friends ..


And here's Griffin showing them off to you ...


After planting it was time for Mike and Griffin to water the pansies ... another favorite thing for Griffin to do.


And here you see our sweet little flower garden ... it's amazing what a little color can do to an area.

One of my favorite sayings of all times is:

The earth smiles in flowers ...

And I truly believe that.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Love the pansies! Not to worms though...lol
I was just outside and noticed that the tree in the front yard has just a few little buds on them, a sure sign of spring.
I'm doing ok today...some pain but nothing that I can't handle. lol
Have a great day!

Andi said...

What a sweet post Missy! Love the picture of Griffin and the worms. The things little boys like!!!

Yes, the earth does smile in flowers!

Judi said...

Missy I hope these pictures are going on a scrapbook page. Griffin is priceless. I would love to see you when I come to Newport News. You can bring Griffith and meet us for lunch somewhere would be great. Let Wendy know if it works out for you.

robin c. said...

Can Griffin come to my house and plant some flowers??? I'm in desparate need of some landscaping and he looks like he has it all together.

Hint: a coffee can with some dirt
makes a great home for wormy friends. I can remember having several cans when I was growing up. Just don't ask my opinion on snakes.

Heidi Ann said...

Wow! Spring has sprung at the Glave house. Beautiful flowers. Beautiful family.

Cecile said...

Hi Missy!
I love the pictures of Griffin and the worms and pansies they are so sweet!!!!
I know that your yard is looking springy!!!
Have a great day! Cecile:))