Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Redbud Tree.

In the spring of 2003, Mike and I had just made the decision to relocate to Central Virginia and we were looking for a new home. One of the first things that caught my eye about the area, were these beautiful lavendar flowering trees. I asked the realtor we were with and she said they were Redbud trees. Actually she said "Red Buuuuud Trees" ... she is very southern.

Immediately it made me think of that Chevy Chase movie "Funny Farm". Does anyone remember that they lived in the town of Redbud? LOL ...

Anyway ... ever since that day we've been on a quest to find one of these trees for our yard ... and we finally found one at Lowe's this past weekend!!


In a few years our tree will look this pretty!


Mike and Griffin planting our redbud tree


Griffin moving the dirt back over to cover the roots


And then a little sprinkling of water


Teamwork makes it happen

I've decided I really like working outside with flowers and plants. And those people that truly know me ... well, they know I do NOT have a green thumb. But this year might just be different!

5 comments:

Cecile said...

I love Redbud Trees my Mom has one in her front yard and its gorgeous!
I know that yours will be pretty too!!
Cecile:))

Judi said...

Missy it looks like you are in the middle of woods? My mom has woods all around her. Thats seems to be common in Virginia.

Andi said...

We had Redbud trees in Indiana and they were always beautiful.

You're little G man loves these projects!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Missy, some of us are very familiar with your "green" thumb. I actually think the plants in Virginia are more for you. And of course, it is really hard to grow things in Florida.I'm sure your redbud tree will be beautiful.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

that's a pretty tree and a cute little helper!!