Monday, January 14, 2008

Pasta Fajoli Soup.

I was really in the mood to cook yesterday ...


I decided I wanted to make Pasta Fajoli Soup. My MIL's best friend Mary Belle has the actual Olive Garden Pasta Fajoli Soup recipe. I had asked Bett to email it to me and then I picked up all of the ingredients to make this delicious soup!


Just look how colorful all of those fresh vegetables are!


And then into the crock pot everything goes!!


And finally ... it's dinnertime ... poured into the bowl, pasta is added and then topped with cheese. Yummmmmmmm! It's was SO good!

Olive Garden's Pasta Fajoli Soup Recipe

2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion chopped
2 cups chopped celery (a whole stalk)
6 cloves minced garlic (I used dried)
4 cans 15 oz. diced tomatoes (Italian style)
1 1/2 cup water - I substituted one can of beef broth
1/4 or 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional, I left this out)
1 cup orzo or diatelli style pasta
1 1/2 cups julienne style carrots
3 cans 15 oz red or white kidney beans
Salt and Italian herbs to taste

Brown ground beef
Add tomatoes, ground beef and all other ingredients (except pasta) to crock pot
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours

I then cooked the entire box of pasta and served it seperately
That way the pasta does not get mushy and you can add what you want

In my opinion ... this soup is delicious and very easy to make!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy...I love Olive Garden Soups and yours looks even better.Thanks for sharing the recipe you have inspired me to cook something extra special today instead of the same old stuff.Have a Great day:)
Cecile

Cassandra said...

Oh my gosh! I was just commenting on Sheila's blog how much I love this soup! I am so excited to try this recipe! Thanks!

Honeyed Hashette said...

YUM, Missy! You are singing my song with this post! I LOVE that soup from Olive Garden and that will be a great weekend meal to make for Derrick. He loves hearty soup.
Thanks!
So glad Griffin will have John Deere valentines this year. He is so precious!

Anonymous said...

my kids love those cinnamon rolls

Bonnie said...

Great recipe. I wish Jerome would eat stuff like that but he won't. I am going to save the recipe though. Thanks.