Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Well ... it's our last night in Florida. I've already blogged today, however I will not be online for a few days as we make our way back to Virginia. I just thought I would let everyone know I will "miss" you and look forward to being back online to catch up soon. We've had a really great time during our visit. It's sad to say good-bye to our family and friends, but it's time to head home. Mike will be returning home in the wee-hours tomorrow morning, once rested we will head back on I-95 North. I must say ... I'm a tad excited ... guess where we are stopping on the way back home??? Savannah!!!! Okay ... I'm more than a tad excited ... I'm VERY excited!! We plan to go to Paula Deen's restaurant (The Lady & Sons) ... they offered recommendations online on how to get seated and not have to wait in the long line. Wish us luck that we can get seated and eat ... and maybe, just maybe we might get a glimpse of Miss Paula or one of her boys! Wouldn't that be just awesome?? Anyway ... I am beyond excited and I have the most terrific husband in the world for suggesting this.

I hope this isn't too morbib ... but I really wanted to post this.

As many of my blog visitors may know, we lost our dear sweet Wyatt back in August. For those that don't know who Wyatt is, he was our beloved 11 year old dalmatian. When he passed away his remains were creamated and placed in a beautiful ivory urn. We decided that we wanted his final resting place to be at home in Florida. We had a very lovely burial ceremony on Thanksgiving Sunday while all of those that loved him were here. I bought this sweet doggie angel statue years ago, never realizing it would one day mark our sweet Wyatt's grave.



May you rest in peace dear sweet boy. We love you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww

Anonymous said...

So sweet.

Sue said...

Too bad you aren't coming home a bit more "inland"... close to me!
Next trip, try and plan a detour to Nashville! We could "do lunch"... I'd love to meet all of you, especially "G"! I feel like an honoray Grandma..watching him growing up online. Have a safe trip home ya'll.

Andi said...

Have a safe trip home Missy and I sure hope you get to eat at The Lady & Sons! The best we could do was Uncle Bubba's...but it was great!

Your sweet Wyatt's final resting place is here in Florida. I think that's very appropriate and the angel is a lovely touch.

Until we can get together again "in person" I'll contine to check in with you via our blogs.

Love you girlfriend!

Teresa AKA: T said...

Missy you are so sweet... What a special thing you have done... Wyatt can now rest in peace.... I know you remember when we put our kitty, Princess Jasmine to Sleep... I still have her remains.... I will bury her this spring....

Have a safe trip home and I hope you have a great time eating at "The Lady & Sons"..... Take care...... T

Anonymous said...

Missy...stay safe and please have a wonderful time in Savannah. It is one of my very favorite places on earth. I envy you! Let us know all about it when you return to VA.

I must now tell you that I had gone back to the beginning of your blog and read each posting...so I came to know Wyatt. I sat sobbing when I got to the part where you lost him.

My heart is with you. I think what you did for him was wonderful. The marker is so special. He will always be close to you through your memories. Our pets are part of our family...they are part of us.

Hugs to you all...and tell Paula howdy! : ) I adore her too!

Sue

Jolene George said...

First off I am MORE than just a tad bit jealous that you are going to the lady and sons. I don't think I will ever be to that side of the country. I want to meet Paula so bad! I hope she's there when you go.
I'm so glad you got to have a burial for Whatt. It makes me miss my Cinnamon so much.
I can't wait for you to get home. I'll miss seeing you.