Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bett's Surprise 60th Birthday Party ...

First ... I would like to say thank you to Cassandra and Stacie for stopping by to say hi! It's so nice knowing who visits my blog!

Yesterday we celebrated my mother-in-law's (Bett) 60th birthday with a surprise party. Her best-friend Marybell and I had organized it over the past few months and it went off without a hitch. She was sooo surprised and delighted. We gathered about 20 of her closest friends for a Ladies Luncheon at Christy's Sundown Restaurant in Winter Haven.


This is Bett with the DELICIOUS carrott cake Marybell made ... it was the BEST cake I've ever tasted. Yum!! This is a picture of Bett, Marybell, Mary Jean and Linda


The Ladies admiring a handmade gift that Nadine had made


More gifts ...


The only "fella" at the party ...

I've said this before ... and I will say it over and over. My mother-in-law is the BEST! She is one special lady ... she's the strongest person I know, yet at the same time she has a huge heart. I feel very lucky to have you as a "Mom".

6 comments:

Teresa AKA: T said...

Happy Brithday Bett. Missy, you are lucky to have a MIL that is great and you can feel like she is a MOM... I've never had a MIL... In both of my marriages, my MIL passed away before we got married. Does what I said make sence.... If not I'll explain next time we chat..... T

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fantastic party! Way to go. I bet she thinks she is pretty lucky to have you as a daughter as well. :0)

Andi said...

How wonderful that Bett was surprised by her party!!! Looks like everyone had a great time. Yes Missy, you are lucky to have such a wonderful MIL but she's equally lucky to have you for a DIL!!!

Anonymous said...

That's so great that you have such a great relationship with your MIL~as I don't and it's a big problem in our marriage.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bett!!
Missy? You are lucky to have Bett but she is also lucky to have you!
A perfect combination!

Enjoy your time together!!
: )

Jolene George said...

I have a wonderful mother in law too and I count my blessing for her. Too many girls have the dreaded monster in law, so we are both lucky!
Can you email me your mailing address. I would love to send you Christmas card. :o)