Saturday, December 02, 2006

Savannah, The Lady & Sons, & We're Home!

Howdy Everyone!! We are finally home from vacation. It was soooo nice to have some time away ... but it's really nice to be home ... sleeping in our own bed and being home with all of our own "stuff".

We left Florida on Wednesday afternoon and stopped by Savannah, GA for the evening. We were hoping to get into Paula Deen's restaurant The Lady & Sons on Thursday afternoon for lunch. I had looked online and they suggested getting to the Host Station by 9:30 am to have our names added to the list as lunch begins at 11:00 am. I was beside myself ... would we actually get in??? Well ... Wednesday night we decided to head out to get something for dinner. I asked Mike to just drive by The Lady & Sons to see how long the line was. It was only a couple of blocks from our hotel. Get this ... there was NO line. So I hopped out of the car and Mike circled the block while I went up to the Host Station to see if we could possibly get in for dinner. The hostess said ... "Sure, no problem". Oh my GAWD!!! I was astounded. Everything I've seen, heard and read said it's next to impossible to get in. Even the concierge at our hotel said it was wise to get there early in the morning to get our names in.

Mike parked the car across the street in "Hal's Parking Lot" ... $8.00 to park, but it was right across the street from the restaurant, and the majority of the parking downtown Savannah is parallel parking, with hardly any vacancies.

I think the restaurant is three stories ... we ate on the first floor. Immediately after seating us, they brought each of us a fried hoe cake (Yum!) and a cheese biscuit. They have a menu you can order from and they also have the buffett. It's full of all of our southern favorites such as fried chicken, pot roast, collard greens, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, green beens, lima beans, baked macoroni and cheese, creamed corn and a few other things I can't remember. For those of you that have ever been to Buddy Freddy's in Plant City, FL it's alot like that. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful.

I did take a few pictures to share ... I really wanted to take more, but I felt really funny about it. I asked the waitress if I could take pictures and she said "Of course" ... but still ... no one else wasn't taking pictures and I didn't want to look like a stalker ... LOL.

So here's a few pictures I took ...


It's official ... we've been to The Lady & Sons


The front door ... enter into a world of pure Southern charm and awesome food!


We sat directly across from the little gift shop in the restaurant. Griffin kept flirting with these girls.


Mike and Griffin enjoying a fabulous meal!

For those of you not familiar with who Paula Dean is ... she's this fabulous celebrity cook from The Food Network. Not only does she have The Lady & Sons Restaurant, she also has two cooking shows. One is called Paula's Home Cooking and the other Paula's Party. They are both wonderful!! She also has a line of cookbooks and a magazine. Check out her website ... its' awesome!!

4 comments:

Andi said...

The picture of Mike and Griffin is adorable!!! Griffin has the cutest expression on his face!

I'm so happy you got to eat at The Lady & Sons. When we were in Savannah in October the line was literally around the building and down the street! When I called you that night and you were there...I got excited for you...that was too cool.

Glad you had a good vacation and a good trip home.

Jolene George said...

I am GREEN with envy...yet so darn happy for you at the same time!!! It's just so cool that you were actually there! Did you buy anything from the gift shop since you were sitting right by it? I still can't get over the fact that you were THERE!!! BIG WOW!!!
I'm so glad you're finally home...I missed you!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jolene! I am SO envious but SO happy for you!! And I love Savannah too! When we were there, we never got in to eat there. Line was SOOO long! *pout* We ate in GREAT places but never got there. Next time huh? Your vivit there was just meant to be!

Love the picture of your husband and son. SO cute!

I loved your mention of Buddy Freddy's! We used to eat there all the time when we lived
in Tampa....

Glad you are back safe and sound!

Sue

Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling me who she was, I was beginning to think I was dumb, LOL....lima beans, southern style, mmmm mmmm good!