Tuesday, January 03, 2017

What's For Dinner? Beef Cupcakes!

I had a pound of ground beef and wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it. After looking for ideas, I was inspired by shepherd's pie. My version is made with refrigerated crescents for the crust, filled with ground beef, sauteed with onion and topped with creamy mashed potatoes. I served with a medley of green beans and carrots. Griffin is calling them meat cakes. (I think we should call them beef cakes 😂). By the way, piping those hot mashed potatoes from a ziplock onto the top was quite the adventure!

Here's how I made it:

Dip crescent dough in flour, then mold into muffin tin cups. Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, they will be puffy. While warm, press the dough to form a more crust like cup.

Brown ground beef with onions and seasoning of your choice. At the end I added a little flour and beef bouillon (in bout 1/2 cup water). Mix together.

Then I made instant mashed potatoes.

Spoon about two heaping spoonfuls of meat mixture into crescent cups.

Then I put the mashed potatoes in a big ziplock and piped them onto the top of the meat mixture.

Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes until a little golden brown on top.

No comments: