Thursday, April 05, 2012

I Am. Griffin's Mommy.

This little guy brings pure joy to my life.

Those beautiful brown eyes.
The long eye lashes.
The freckles sprinkled over his nose.
That sweet, toothless smile.


I will always and forever be Griffin's Mommy.

It always makes me happy when I'm walking through the halls at his school and kids will say "Hello Griffin's Mommy".

{sigh}

That's a name I am proud to own and one I will answer to for the rest of my life.

Griffin, it's because of {you} I can be called Griffin's Mommy.

I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was in the store one day and i saw a boy i recognized from my oldest daughters class, i said hello and he said hello to me. then i heard from the next aisle over, "who was that?" from one of the other kids he was with, "Sarah's mom" then from the one of the others (i think there were 3 or 4 of them) "no it isn't, it is Emma's mom" they went back and forth a bit, and then the older boy said that "i guess she is Sarah and Emma's mom" it was too funny!

Jen from PA

Bonnie said...

Isn't that one of the greatest compliments? I loved when I worked at Winn Dixie and the ball players would come in and say, "Hey that's Hut's wife (or old lady, lol)". It just makes you all warm and fuzzy and proud. Once Griffin gets older his friend may just call you mom. That's what Wade & Scott's close friends do and I love that too.