Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fire Pit Dining.

We were lucky to have Bett (Grandma) and Tony visit us for a few days last week.

On Friday we decided to dine by the fire pit ... grilling hot dogs over the open flame. I told Griffin we were going to have a "weiney roast" and he had no idea what I was talking about. When I explained it was the same thing as grilling hotdogs he understood.

Did anyone else call hotdogs, weinies growing up or it that a southern thing?


I love grilled hotdogs ... I actually like them a little on the burned side. I like one hotdog in a bun and the second one without a bun. Of course the macoroni salad and bold beans were delicious too!


What weiney roast would be complete without s'mores?

The boys were roasting the marshmallows over the fire as the graham crackers and Hershey bars waiting patiently for them.


Just look at all the gooey yumminess ...


This is actually the second time we have grilled hotdogs over the fire pit this season and we are sure to do it again very soon!

1 comment:

Katya said...

mmmmm those wienies and beans look good lol I'm hungry now and I can eat that right now.