Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yes, Virginia. That Was An Earthquake.

Wow ... Wow ... Wowwwww!

Yesterday around 1:50 in the afternoon we experienced a 5.9 earthquake here in Virginia. Apparently the epicenter was located approximately 12-15 miles from where we live.

It.Was.Scary!

We experienced several aftershocks throughout the day including a 4.2 at around 8:00 pm.

We slept downstairs last night because I felt safer in case we needed to get out of the house. Around 12:45 in the morning I was awaken again to another aftershock.

Local residents are still reporting aftershocks today ... I haven't felt any today.

I just hope everything has settled down and will get back to normal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't ever remember being an earthquake in Va in all the years I lived there. Very scary! All my family still in the area. VA, DC, WV, DE, MD, NJ, PA and they all felt it.
my cousin that works in DC was sent home from work.
What part of VA are you in?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Very scary I'm sure. Unfortunately all the news channels seem to have forgotten where the earthquake really took place, they are all talking about Washington, DC and New York. I'm just glad everyone is safe.

Debby said...

I'm glad you are safe Missy! Are you still sleeping downstairs with all the aftershocks?