Saturday, August 27, 2011

Creative.

Griffin received a fun care package in the mail from his Grandma Bett.

Included was a package of colored pencils. Griffin is very creative and LOVES to draw. I was busy cleaning house and he was busy drawing a picture. I thought he might be drawing a picture of a whale or dragon, two things he typically loves to draw.

After awhile he proudly came up to me with his drawing behind his back ...


He drew the sunflower field (down on the farm) we had just visited.

I was amazed at the detail and coloring. The sky is shaded and the sunflowers even show their roots. He added the sun and clouds.

And he did this for ME!

He's such a kind, sweet, loving little boy. I'm very lucky to be his Mommy.

I do plan to frame this and proudly hang it on our wall.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

OMG that is so awesome. He is indeed very talented. Love all the detail in this picture. You are one lucky lady to have such a thoughtful young son.

W. Kevin Hazzard said...

Are those the roots of the plants he's drawn going down into the soil? Fantastic. His mind is really working through the deeper concepts, not just the imagery.

Cecile said...

Awesome! He is creative like his sweet Momma!!!

Andi said...

How wonderful! He's talented, creative, thougtful and kind like his sweet mother!

I've been thinking of you...between the earthquakes and huricanes...and trust all is well there.

Anonymous said...

That is Beautiful! my daughter Megan would always draw me pictures and now she is 19 and paints pictures on canvas and sells them...you never know where a pictures of sunflowers can lead to.