Thursday, July 14, 2011

Common Ground Park ~ Lakeland ~ Florida

We had a great time while vacationing in Florida.

My mother-in-law Bett actually came for a visit the week before we left and she and Griffin flew back to Florida so she could have some one-on-one time with him before Mike and I arrived. They went to Sea World, visited some area parks, went fishing and had some very special bonding time.

Mike, Jasper and I drove the 14 (loooong) hours to Florida. We have decided next time we are flying ... it's less than a 2 hour flight!!

We did many fun things and I will be sharing them in the next several blog posts. Yes!! I'm actually going to blog.


Bett found this awesome park in Lakeland. It's called Common Ground Park and it has a playground like I've never seen before!


They have a musical area ... and of course he's just like his Daddy ... he LOVES drums!!


We discovered this pretty butterfly bench nestled in the butterfly garden


Look how pretty it is here ... {sigh}


This park had everything ... this was a rope climbing thing-a-ma-jiggy


And the amazing HUGE traditional playset


Bett was relaxing under the shade trees so we went over to get her to walk through the buttefly garden with us. A lady offered to take a picture of us all together ... it's nice to be able to prove I was actually there!


Love this picture of Bett and Griffin on the butterfly bench


They even had faux grass hills the kids could roll down ... fun!


Bett and Griffin see sawing

It was such a fun time. If you live in Central Florida you MUST visit this park. It's located on Edgewood Drive in Lakeland. It's the park closest to Florida Avenue. Go have some fun!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time all around. Wish we could have met up for lunch or something.
Next Time :)

Bonnie said...

I have actually driven by this park a few times and so want to take Layla and Rossi there. Thanks for sharing the pics. Now I KNOW I am taking them there.