Monday, October 04, 2010

Apple Picking.

When my mother-in-law Bett was visiting we decided to go up to Carter Mountain to do a little apple picking. It was the first visit there for both Mike and Bett.


Mike and Griffin making their way to the apple orchard


Mike picking the first apple of the day


Bett, Griffin and Mike looking for more apples


Bett with a healthy harvest


Griffin was more interested in picking weeds (for his tractors) than picking apples


Aaaah ... there he goes ... finally got an apple


The trees were abundantly full of fruit. This gala apple tree was beautiful.

It was such a hot, hot, hot day we stayed just long enough to pick apples and to check out the Cider Shop. We will be going back soon now that the weather is cooling down.

Fresh picked apples straight from the trees are the BEST!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is so much fun to do. I used to do it as a kid in New England. I miss those cool fall days, picking apples and then having some hot apple cider.

Anonymous said...

Apples are my Favorite in all the world :) I grew up in Shenandoah Valley in Virginia and every year there was a huge Apple Blossom Parade in Winchester and an Apple packing place and were we would buy a bushel of apples (grown in VA) I miss fresh apples!! Eat a few for me :)