Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mt. Vernon Trip.

Mike's mother came for a visit this past weekend.

We decided to take a trip to George Washington's estate Mount Vernon.


The three of us in front of Mount Vernon


Bett and Me


The three of us with the Potomoc River in the background


Grandma & Griffin


We took a boat ride on the Potomoc River ... this is Mt. Vernon from the river's view


Just a cute picture of our sweet boy


They had a few farm animals on the estate including this sheep


The bull was funny ... he was scratching himself on the tree


This is a view of the river from the house ... spectacular isn't it?


A view of the river side of the house


This was Griffin's favorite part ... the blacksmith.

It was amazing walking around the estate. Several times I realized how very lucky I was to be there. Imagine walking on the same soil that George Washington once walked on. It gave me chills!

3 comments:

Brenda Eason said...

Looks like a great time. I just loved visiting all the old places in history. I went with a group when April was in school and would love to return.

Bonnie said...

I would love this place. I'm like you..imagine walking where past people did. Of course we do it every day and don't think about it. You would absolutely love New England...there are many places like this there. I'm so glad you guys had a great time.

HarryJack's Mom said...

Awesome - we haven't made it there yet, but I bet you guys would also love Pampelin Park http://www.pamplinpark.org/ for its civil war history - they have lots of activities related to the plantation, with kid-friendly things all around. The kids loved the room where bullets whiz past you the best ;-)
Man, he's gotten so tall! Great pix