Thursday, April 22, 2010

Registering For Kindergarden.

Our little boy is growing up ...


Today we will register Griffin for kindergarden ... it's so hard to believe he's old enough to go to elementary school.

Honestly, I'm a little scared (read alot!) for him to go to kindergarden. That's a thought I will NOT be sharing with him of course

I worry that he will not be able to find his way to his classroom. Will he be able to carry his own tray at lunch time without spilling it. Will he have enough to eat during the day. Will he be okay without me?

I know Griffin isn't the first child to begin kindergarden ... but he's my ONLY child and I have these fears.

I love him sooooo very much ... and I just want him to be okay.

I'm a little weepy today because my baby is growing up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am totally with you missy!!! when my daughter first went to school..i cried when she got on the bus...i was so anxious about it the whole day...you feel what you want to feel and don't let anyone let you feel bad about it!!! it's a big step in a parents life (as well as the child) He will be fine!! but a 1000 people could tell you that but until you see him after school and he tells you...you will still worry!!! the kindergarten teachers help the kids so much at the beginning...the set them up for success, not failure!!! I know it is hard...i have done it twice so far and felt the same way both times!!!

Good luck!!!
Jen Redmile

Bonnie said...

You go ahead and cry a little today. On his first day of school you will cry even more. It's a BIG step for everyone. But know that you have raised him well and he will be fine. And like Jen said, the teachers are there to help him. he'll be fine.

Wendy said...

AWW It's Ok to be worried, we all have been through it. I thought I would die the first time my little Mark rode the bus by himself.

Hang in there, he will do great and think of the excitment he will have in his voice telling you all about his first day!

Cecile said...

Missy, All of your worries are those of a good Mommy..I was so worried when Cole went to Kindergarden but he made it just fine and I know that G will be awesome:) What i did when I thought about it and it made me sad or worry I tried to clear my mind and think of something positive to get you through the rough times:)You are raising a fine young boy there and all will work out:)Those teachers are aware of all of your concerns and there to help G out:)
Big Hugs!!!!
Love Ya Girlie!!!
Cecile(the Mom of a soon be to Middle School kid...Ugh...)