Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Like Pink Snow.

Last week I was going to blog about the pretty pink flowers growing on the tree in the backyard. I'm glad I waited because now I can share them with the full story.


The beautiful pink blossoms in their full glory. Normally this time of year we are in Florida on spring break and we miss them. But this year we are lucky to be home to enjoy them.


I have no idea the kind of tree this is. We're just lucky it was here when we moved here. Just look at all that pinkness!


Not only do we usually miss the flowers blooming on the tree we also miss the pretty pink carpet of pink blossoms blown from the tree. I'm loving the fact we get to enjoy all this, this year!


Griffin and I have been enjoying some fun times in the "pink snow" on the ground.


Such a sweet smile ...


... and a giggle.


This is one of my favorite pictures of Griffin. Ever.


Handfulls of pinkness ... ready for the pink "snow ball" fight.


In action ...


The giggly aftermath.


It's funny how a few flowers and time with our sweet boy can result in such a wonderfully fun time.

I'm so happy to enjoy this time with him. I realized the other day he will be in kindergarden in just a few short months. We are going to spend as much time together doing fun things as we can.

3 comments:

Cecile said...

Your yard is so beautiful and I love the pic of G when you are standing over him taking the pic:)

Bonnie said...

Great pictures. Love all the pink. Wish we had pretty anything here.

Anonymous said...

I love the pink carpet! I am so glad you are enjoying it this year. XOXO H