Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Collecting Firewood.

We had a tree down on our property that would be good for firewood this winter.

We loaded up the Polaris and set out to cut it up.


Mike cutting the tree up in smaller pieces


Griffin loves playing with the sawdust


Taking a little break ...


We came across a second tree we could use too!


We went back to the house and stacked it up.

Mike will have to use the log splitter on the bigger pieces.

I love being outside with my boys.

If we can accomplish something productive ... well ... that's even better!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love being out on the farm with my guys too. I can't wait till Mason is really able to enjoy all the simple living. Well, cutting fire wood isn't "simple" at all...lol

Judi said...

We have so much wood this year also. I can't even find anyone to give it to.

Bonnie said...

It's good that you are utilizing what you have for something you will need. Cutting firewood might not sound like fun to some, but I think I would have enjoyed being in the woods doing that.