Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two Wolves.

My mother-in-law emailed this to me and I thought it was worth sharing.



One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said:
My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

One is Evil:
It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good:
It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:

Which wolf wins?

The old Cherokee simply replied ...

The one you feed

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow how true is that. Indians always have such a simple way to get a point across. I'm going to share this one with others.

Anonymous said...

Missy I love this.. Its great.. Thank you for posting it...
Terri

Anonymous said...

Wow just what I needed to hear today Missy. Wow. Love, Tricia

Sue said...

That's beautiful! Give us all something to think about.

Colleen Wms said...

Succinct! Thanks for the words of wisdom!