Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Painting The Porch.

This past weekend it was time to add some paint to the porch frame.


Isn't this going to be one awesome porch? Living in Florida we always had a porch to enjoy. During the spring and summer we would eat quite a few meals out there. I can hardly wait to be able to do that with our porch!


We had a huge task of trimming out the boards around the front and edges. We wanted to trim them by hand so we wouldn't get paint on the brick.


Here's my handsome husband hard at work painting.


And our handsome boy was quite the big helper as well. Notice how I painted lines where I wanted him to paint between. Tee Hee.


Griffin did do a good job of helping out ... however ... he got bored with it. I brought his paints outside so he could paint with his colors. He loved painting outside.


Of course I got in on the action as well. I helped paint the trim. Then I decided it was time to paint Griffin. It all started with the little circle around his belly button ... it escalated from there.

Even working together makes fun family time!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Looking good!

Bonnie said...

Great body art. Hope it doesn't incline him to get tattoos later in life like his cousins, lol. The porch looks great. I can see you guys sitting out there eating meals and just enjoying all the beautiful nature around you.

Judi said...

You go Mike. It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product.

deb famularo said...

Aww, what a great little helper. So last time I knew, you were in Florida. Where are you now?

Sue said...

What a beautiful porch! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come.