Friday, July 24, 2009

Facebook.

Well ... I've been bitten by the Facebook bug.

I've been a member for awhile now but just lately have I really given it any attention.

Missy Hutto Glave's Facebook profile
It amazes me the people that I haven't seen in years that friend me. It's kind of cool.

I've reconnected with friends from my childhood, high school, work, current friends and even some wonderful customers that have become frieds. I'm so lucky.

I'll be honest, a couple of people have friended me and I do not even remember them. So, I choose to not friend them back. I know they are from high school because I can click on their profile. But honest to goodness ... I can't remember! I'm a little embarrassed to say ... "hey can you send me a picture of what you looked like in high school so I know who you are" ... LOL.

I see alot of people doing things like Farmville, YoVille, Sending Flowers/Chocolates/Seasonal Things ... but I just do not get into that. Well, not yet anyway.

I love this networking community ... it feels my heart with joy to have this venue to communicate with friends.

Happy Weekend ...


5 comments:

Sue said...

I love Facebook! I keep in touch with my grandkids that way...all of them are on there. I've also connected with old friends and even found a neighbor I had not heard from since I was 12 years old. She and I used to play dance studio..she was the teacher, I was the student. Her father was my dentist way back then.
I have to admit...I'm a farmville addict...lol. Once you start..well it's hard not to build. If you ever decided to "check it out"...let me be your neighbot!

Colleen Wms said...

Facebook is fun, can be addictive just as any other Internet activity, glad you're getting more active on it, it's been a great way for me to show pictures of the kids with long distance family since I don't do that on my blog.
And yes, I too have received many friend requests from high school friends that I just cannot remember. I keep meaning to find a yearbook and remind myself but it just hasn't been top of the list! LOL!

Bonnie said...

I have Facebook, just can't seem to get into it. Signed up for Twitter, too. Forget that one. I know MySpace is going the way of the Model T but that's where most of my family and friends are right now. Maybe someday I'll have the urge to give Facebook a fair try.

Anonymous said...

its so nice chatting with you on there to Missy... I am liking Facebook more and more.. I cant get into the farm thing people have tried to get me into it.. I have one but dont get it.. I do the little pet thing though it is so fun...
Have a great day.. Glad mike is coming home for you today..
Terri

Wendy said...

I mess with it some and like chatting with my family in MB, but it;s really slow at my house so I don't like it as much as Blogging