Thursday, July 02, 2009

Bett & Tony Are Here!

We have family visiting with us for a few days ... Bett (Grandma) and Tony flew in from Florida last night.

We went to Bass Pro Shops after picking them up and then had dinner at the Islamorada Fish Company restaurant there at the store. It was delicious.

Can you believe I didn't take one single picture?

We have some fun plans for the next few days ... I promise to do better and take some pictures to share.

Since I do not have a picture of our first night with Bett & Tony how about I share something else?

The other day I was looking out the window at our bird feeder. I saw a bright yellow bird feeding there ... and then another one flew in. I tried taking pictures of them but my camera just couldn't do it through the window.

So ... I borrowed this picture from
All About Birds


They are American Goldfinches ... it was amazing to see them. I've never in my life seen a bird (or two!) like these. As far as I know they have only visited the one time. We are keeping our eyes open for another visit from them.

Wishing you a happy Thursday ...

4 comments:

Wendy said...

How Fantastic!! Hope you all have a nice visit!

Cecile said...

Enjoy your company!! I know how much your whole family enjoys when Grandma comes::)

Bonnie said...

How nice that Tony could come with Bett. I know you all had a good time last night...100 lashes with a wet noodle for no pictures, lol. The finches are beautiful! I wish I could have a bird feeder and get some exciting birds...too many cats around.

Colleen Wms said...

Hope you have a great visit. My mom is flying in today for a few days so I'll have a visitor as well!
I'm taking her to Max & Erma's on the way back from the airport, maybe Mexico restaurant Fri, swimming, bbq & fireworks Sat and Sunday we'll hit Busch Gardens. Everything else is a little low key.
Have fun and don't worry too much about the pictures girl, just enjoy the moments!