Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Little Garden.

Around Mother's Day we decided to plant a little vegetable garden.

We had just moved the lawn mower shed so that was a great spot to do our planting.


I didn't realize the gravel was SO thick in this spot ... it took forever to remove the gravel so we could do our planting here.


Of course when you have such a cute helper ... it makes things much easier!


Mike and Griffin are figuring out the best placement of our vegetables.


And here we have our vegetable garden ... in the front row we have two tomato plants, green beans and bell pepper. In the back we have a watermelon plant, zucchini and yellow squash.

The little zucchini plant was a little sad looking ... but she's coming along now.


I went out and took this picture of the garden this morning. The vegetable plants are just flourishing. Never mind the building materials behind them ... lol.


Our first bell pepper of the season ...


And we have tiny baby yellow squash ... it was fun watching these grow. They are so neat attached to the big yellow flower blossoms.

I can't wait to make dishes using the vegetables from our garden!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I have wanted a garden every year, I planted a few plants in pots last year, not too sucessful.

I am having a real garden next year, if it kills me.

Good Luck with your Vegis!

Judi said...

That looks great!!

Bonnie said...

Those veggies look yummy. It seems like when you left Florida you grew a 'green' thumb, lol.

Anonymous said...

wow, I'm impressed that no little bunnies came along and ate your garden up.

Colleen Wms said...

GL w/the garden! We SO enjoy our garden fresh veggies every year. I'm sure you will too.
Watch out for the deer, bunnies, and ground hogs. And of course any little flying pests. We've learned how to deal with them after a few years of devastation by the buggers.