Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day.

When Mike asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day I told him I wanted to go to the Air & Space Museum in Washington, DC.

He said everyone would think it was his idea ... but I assure you it was not. It was completely and totally MY idea.

I wanted to do something that all of us would enjoy. We've been to the strawberry patch the past couple of Mother's Days and I think we were all past the point of wanting to go there again. So ... to the Air & Space Museum we went.

We went
three years ago and there were many new additions and displays.

I have some wonderful pictures I would like to share, however Blogger keeps timing out on me ... so I'm giving up. For now. I will share them maybe later in the week.

We actually went to the museum on Saturday. It was a rainy, dreary day ... it was a great day to spend inside at the museum. My boys treated me to lunch at MiMi's Cafe and then we stopped by Outback for a delicious steak on the way home for dinner.


The reason I get to celebrate Mother's Day ... my little, sweet man Griffin and me.


I love this picture of Mike and Griffin. That's the Space Shuttle Enterprise in the background. Love the American flag there too.

Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day.

We started the day with Mike cooking breakfast ... eggs, bacon and good 'ole southern grits. Yummmmm!!!

We did some yard work and some playing under the water hose. While Griffin played outside and Mike worked around the yard doing various things, I did some reading.

Mike made dinner too ... grilled country ribs. They were delicious!

It was truly a peaceful, wonderful Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day weekend. That museum looks like my kind of place to go...something we'll have to plan for the next time we get up there. I'm so glad you had such a special weekend with your special guys.

Judi said...

What a great day. It looks like you all had a fun time!