Thursday, July 27, 2006

Air & Space Museum - Washington, DC

My husband Mike is an avid flyer ... he's currently taking flying lessons and he's loving it. This past Saturday was quite rainy and dreary, so we decided to take a trip to the Air & Space Museum in Washington, DC. DC is only an hour and a half from our house ... we really should visit more often ... there is soooo much to do.

I thought I would share some photos of our trip


Signs to Washington


Mike and Griffin checking out the engine area


War planes ... this one was cool ... it was painted like a shark


Space Shuttle Enterprise


Wow ... look at these computers ... they were humongous back in the day!


More airplanes ...


Griffin running around the wide open space ... he was tired of being in the stroller


Harley and I are on the right ... the folks on the left would not leave ... so Mike went ahead and took the picture


The Enola Gay


More airplanes ...

We also saw the Concord and the Virgin Atlantic plane that just circled the world, however I guess I didn't take any pictures. It really was ALOT of fun. If ever in DC, make sure to check it out.

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

We have an air and space museum here in Arizona. My husband LOVES it! I'm pretty sure he'd love that one even more! Great pictures!