Friday, March 13, 2009

Soccer.

Griffin had his first ever soccer practice last night. I honestly didn't know what to expect ... and boy did he surprise me.

He quickly understood he was not supposed to touch the ball with his hands and the goal was to get the ball into the goal. Of course it was a brand new learning experience and as the days progress he will understand more and more. I think the "team" concept will take a little while to understand.


Before leaving the house ... they haven't gotten their team jerseys yet, so of course he had to wear a soccer shirt. And he LOVES wearing his cleats.


Okay ... so I know he's carrying the ball in his hands in this picture ... but he just looked SO happy ... I had to share this picture.


Kick ... run ... kick ... run ... the goal is to get it in the goal!


Practice makes perfect ... well as perfect as you can get on the first day of practice. Smile.


He loves playing soccer after only one practice. He asked me this morning if we were going to play again today.


I love this picture of the kid's hands ... after practice Coach Teri got them together for a little team building exercise.

Gooooooo Revolution!

{Missy}

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our future Soccer player; I guess I am going to have to read up on soccer. Love G.Ma.

Mary Lou said...

Go Griffin! I remember when my great niece played soccer her first year. She was about Griffin's age. They were so cute on the field and they did really well to be so young. Have fun Griffin!

Wendy said...

I love the picture of him before you left with his little cleats and soccer shirt! that is so cute, glad to hear he had a good time.

HarryJack's Mom said...

Have a ball! The boys' first soccer team was also the revolution, and I hope Griffin likes it as much as they did :-)

Bonnie said...

I KNEW Griffin was going to like Soccer. He is so energetic, it is going to be good for him. And of course you know I LOVE his team name. That, to me, is an omen that thise team is gonna kick butt...er...ball.

Deborah said...

That's a great shot of the hands together! Go Team Go!! :)

Judi said...

We mised you at the Blogger Blast!! I hope we can get together before I go home.

Anonymous said...

that's just too cute! I love watching the kids play soccer, such a fast, energetic sport!

Andi said...

These pictures are so cute! Missy, you're officially a Soccer Mom!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

when I was his age, it wasn't soccer, it was kick the can----but a rose by any other name----yadda, yadda, yadda---