Saturday, March 14, 2009

And The Story Begins ...

The tale of the plastic eggs ...



Our story begins earlier in the evening ...

G: Mommy can I play with my eggs?

Me: Sure, but you have to pick them all up before you go to bed

(He dumps them all out and plays with them)

The scene continues to about an hour before bedtime and he's since moved on to playing with airplanes & helicopters

Me: Griffin it's time to pick up the eggs

G: But Mommy I so tired

Me: Griffin if you don't pick up those eggs I'm going to throw them in the garbage can

G: Okay Mommy throw them in the garbage can

Me: Griffin, if you are too tired to pick up the eggs I guess it's time to go night night right now (it's about 6:30)

G: I not tired Mommy, I pick up the eggs

He picks up the eggs ... they are now safe from ending up in the garbage can

{sigh}

Where does he learn these things?

{Missy}

2 comments:

Andi said...

I "always" had homework if there were dishes to be done. I always conveniently finished my homework when the dishes were done and the kitchen cleaned up...they figure it out early!

Bonnie said...

This is just the beginning....it will get worse, lol. You, however, handled it better than me. I would have picked them up, not thrown them away and Wade and Scott would still be up playing with their other toys. Nothing has changed since they have grown up either.