Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Yummy Cake.

In the mood to bake, I asked Griffin if he wanted to help me bake a cake.

He loves going into the pantry to get the mixer and then rummaging through the drawers to find the beaters.


After putting all of the ingredients in the bowl it was time to mix them up. Griffin loves to help me cook. Most nights when I'm making dinner he'll pull one of kitchen chairs over to the island to "help" me.


After taking the cake out of the oven and allowing time for it to cool down it was time to put some icing on it.


Chocolate or coconut?
Coconut or chocolate?

Mmmmmmm ... which one would it be?


How about both ...

Mike likes coconut cake ... Griffin and I like chocolate cake.

We decided to ice it with both flavors that way we could all enjoy the cake of our choice.

Sometimes in life you have to make compromises ... in this case it was as simple as icing the cake with both flavors to make everyone happy.



8 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is much more appealing than the black eyed peas. I love that you iced the cake with both flavors. And Griffin is such a good little kitchen helper.

Jane said...

I love your cake with two flavors of icing! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Mitchell likes to bake too! I never seen that coconut icing before! Pretty neat

Mandy said...

I will take coconut too please! lol

Judi said...

It looks great to me!!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

God Bless Duncan Hines!! (lol)

Cecile said...

I hear ya Gary!!!!
Looks yummy and I am sure it tastes even better!!!Fun with your boy can't beat that!!!

Sue said...

What a great idea! I would have never thought to do that...but will try it sometime. I'd go for the chocolate one myself.