Saturday, November 08, 2008

It's Grif-fin.

Since Griffin has been saying his name he has pronounced it either Sisson or Gisson ... yesterday for the very first time with no prompting he said Grif-fin.

He can say his name loud and clear ... we are so, so proud of him!

Great going Buddy!


We met up with our friends Carol and Sam at McDonald's yesterday.

We were pleasantly surprised when Mike was able to meet us there and enjoy a yummy lunch with us before heading off for an errand.

Anyone that truly knows me, knows how much I love McDonald's. As a little girl, I vaguely remember going to McDonald's on Fridays with my Momma. I worked there when I was in high school and a little while after. To this day, if I need comfort food I can go through the McDonald's drive-in and order a plain hamburger with nothing on it and a small vanilla milkshake. Something about that combination just makes me happy.

McDonald's has always held a special place in my heart ... and I'm glad that on occasion we can enjoy it with our little guy.

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yes there is something about McD's. And I think just about everyone has worked there. I know I did. It's always a toss up for me, foodwise. Quarter Pounder with cheese or Filet of Fish. Yum. May have to go there today :)

Cecile said...

I LOVE the Fish Sandwich that's what I always get::))

Mandy said...

Way to go Griffin!

Since I have been pregnant, McD's has been our dinner choice a lot when I didn't feel like cooking. I told Charlie last night (after we got home with our takeout) that we needed to buy some stock in it! I love the 2 cheeseburger meal...yum...

Andi said...

What a great post Missy! I love McDonalds too. I still remember the very first time I went to one...way back when...in Indiana when I was growing up.

And speaking of "growing up"...way to go Griffin. He's such a cutie!!!

Jess said...

Yup - Mcdonalds milkshakes are fab, any flavour, any time. Not too sure about the burgers and lark though. :P

Jill LaFaye said...

WTG Griffin:)

Sue said...

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one that likes my hamburger "plain". My family thinks I'm nuts but sometimes I just want a plain burger with nothing on it..just meat and bread! Yup..comfort food.
WTG Griffin!

Wendy said...

You are so funny, I love how you share Griffin with us, with a little bita Missy thrown in

Anonymous said...

double blends of consanants (is that the word??) are the hardest for a child to pronounce and are a later developing blend so that's probably why he was never able to say it before....see he's getting older Mom :)