Thursday, October 30, 2008

It Feels Like Home.

Most of you know I was born and raised in Central Florida. I lived the first 36 years of my life in my hometown of Winter Haven ... and I will always, always consider it "home".

We've lived in Virginia now for about five and a half years. Every year it seems a little more like home to me.

I so look forward to the seasonal changes ... that's something we never really experienced when living in Florida.

I'm very blessed to be able to call two very special, unique places "home".


This is a picture I took yesterday while driving ... how can you not want to call a place like this home?


These gorgeous fall leaves are right now in my very own backyard.

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today ... can you tell?

4 comments:

Judi said...

I do love the fall in the east coast. I don't miss the weather.

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

Home is where ya have a warehouse full of fun memories---I do envy the east coast for its fall folliage, but could never enjoy the humid summers, or the cold snowy damp winters---was born in Pennsylvania, but escape to the west at the tender age of 9---it was a tuesday if I remember correctly-----??

Cecile said...

I love the pictures and what a blessing to have 2 great places to call home::))

Bonnie said...

Great pictures. You know how I feel about New England. I grew up there, had to leave at 17 because Mom & Dad decided Orlando was the place to be. So technically I've live in the south longer (30 years). I always tell everyone, you can take me out of New England, but you can't take New England out of me. Oh how I miss the seasons, yes even the snow.