Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Griffin The Flying Ace Cartoon.

While at the Fall Festival on Sunday, this man was offering hand illustrated caricatures ...

I thought it would be fun to have one made of Griffin.


It turned out darling ... he LOVES it ...

and he's SO proud of it!


Here's a closer look at his caricature ... it looks just like him doesn't it?

When I was a little girl I had a similar drawing done of me on our first trip to Disney World. I wish I could put my hands on it and I would take a picture of it to share. I think it's in the attic ... next time Mike is up there, I will ask him to get it down.

Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday ...

Yesterday I was inspired to create these two new Thanksgiving related paper piecings.

If interested you can find them
HERE!


Thanksgiving Girl Paper Piecing embellished with a cute handmade pumpkin


Thanksgiving Boy Paper Piecing embellished with a handmade turkey

I hope you all have a GREAT day!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the caricature! and the New Paper Piecing.

Happy Wednesday

Bonnie said...

That is a great caricature of Griffin. It does look just like him. I have one of me and Jerome somewhere, probably in the trunk. Jerome has quite a few, some from ballgames and he has one as "Uncle Santa". The Thanksgiving pieces are so cute.

Sue said...

OMG! The caricature is sooooo cute!!! He really captured Griffin's personality in it, you can see the sparkle in his eyes even. I have one that was done at Disney land when I was 16 years old. I also have one of Frank and I on his 50th birthday we had done in San Francisco, it hangs on the wall by my bed.

Deborah said...

That is so neat...makes me wish I had one of my kids!!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

you must get it properly framed and kept for posterity, it will become a family heirloom.

Cassandra said...

Too cute! DH and I had one done after we got married...I'll have to dig it out.

Judi said...

Very Cute!!

Jill LaFaye said...

I love Griffin's caricature!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had 1 of Emily done before and it's really cute, I framed it and hung it on her wall.
G's if really cute, it does look like him :)