Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Potpourri

Potpourri is one of my favorite things in the world.

I love the way it smells and I love the way a decorative potpourri looks in a basket or dish.


When we were at Michael's yesterday I found this pretty fall potpourri that smells SO good. When I got home I put some of it in a favorite dish in the hall entry way.

Last night my throat started burning and I couldn't stop coughing. I think I'm allergic to this potpourri ... which really makes me sad because it brought me such joy when I found it. I may leave it out for the rest of the day just to see how I do.

My body chemistry has really changed since I had Griffin. I can not tolerate even a little bit of alcohol anymore. And, I can't even burn my favorite Yankee Candles anymore due an allergic reaction.

Have you guys ever noticed any body chemistry changes after a medical situation .. such as giving birth, having surgery, etc?

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am very fortunate not to have any allergies...even after babies and going through the change. I'm so sorry you can't burn your favorite candle or have your favorite potpourri. Hopefully you'll get to feeling better.

Bonnie said...

PS Missed you yesterday!

Jill LaFaye said...

The only thing that has changed after 3 children is my feet got bigger. Strange huh? They are fatter, wider and bigger..I went from a size 7 to a size 8.

Feel better soon:)

Sue said...

Funny things happen when you turn 40 Missy. Not sure if it's your age or having Griffin. I can't tolerate some smells anymore either since I turned 40. My tastebuds are different, my butt dropped (that's a whole different story in itself! lol)
I like things I never liked before and some of my old favorites I can now take it or leave it. Things change and we just have to change with them. Maybe it's just the brand of potpourri? Hope you feel better!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

its of course quite possible the "scented oils" put in the Potpourri are causing you the problem, or it might be something else that you came across at the same time----you are smart to wait and see if the condition continues. The LP when he worked worked at a famous florist/Gift Store in Pasadena,(Jacob Maarsh),He was their Head floral Designer. As such I have a garage cabinet full of potpourri and the various lil bottles of scented oils to use.

Judi said...

I love oils and some scented things. I have also had problems with certain things before. Good Luck!

Andi said...

I got more allergies as I got older. No childbirth was involved! I can't tolerate the smell of men's colonge or even most women's fragrance anymore. And some potpourri really gets me going. I can burn some of the Yankee candles but not all of them. I have certains scents I'm okay with and I stick to those.

Gene has allergies too. We've even had to change seats in the movie theatre when someone has plopped down in front of us with lots of perfume on. I never understood why people would want to load up on perfume when they would be next to others in a confined space!

Cecile said...

I have had allergies for years way before Cole was born and I haven't had any changes after childbirth that I can see:))
But when I turned 40 I see alot of aches and pains:))