Monday, August 18, 2008

Family Day Sunday.

We had such a great day yesterday ...

Mike got home Saturday night after being gone the entire week ... we missed him so much. We're just so happy that he's home now!


We decided yesterday would be "family day" ... and it was a great family day, indeed.

We had a few errands to run so we jumped in the Jeep and headed for town.

We went to Sam's club to pick up a few necessities. We exited with all of our necessites plus a few new fun things as well. One thing I've been wanting is a small ice cooler with wheels. I thought it would be a great idea to have one of those for trips to the pool and the park. I found one I like and we got it. When we got home Mike noticed the zipper was not working properly ... so I'm going to have to take it back today and get one that does work. We also got new house phones. We've had the same house telephones for five years and they were on their last leg. It was time for new ones. The best part about the new ones is there are four receivers and one of them is water proof! That's such a great thing for us since we are outside so much.

Mike suggested Red Robin for lunch ... and it was just as good as usual. Yum!!!

When we got home we took it easy and just relaxed. Mike took a much needed nap, Griffin played and I cleaned house.

We decided we would go to the YMCA for a swim about 6:30. When we got there we were met with FREEZING water. Oh my!! We only stayed about 30 minutes because the water was so dang cold. They do not turn the heaters on until the put the bubble over the pool. They won't be putting the bubble up until after Labor Day. It looks like we may not be visiting the pool again until they do that.

It was so nice waking up this morning with my husband in bed bedside me. Within minutes Griffin climbed in bed for some snuggle time.

{Sigh}

That's just the way it's supposed to be ...


This weekend I got some orders finished ... it's so nice to be caught up again.

I hope to get some one-of-a-kind Paper Piecings made this week and listed in
My Ebay Store ... right now I have some of my most popular customizable paper piecings available for purchase.

Also ... don't forget
My Paper Piecing Blog where I have bunches of customizable paper piecings listed for direct purchases.

Happy Monday Everyone!

5 comments:

Cecile said...

I am so glad you had a fun weekend with your husband home and Griffin.It sounds like a FUN one:)

Bonnie said...

I know how nice it is to have your husband home. I don't know how you do it sometimes. I'd go crazy if my hubby was gone as much as yours. I'm glad you had such a relaxing day. Thanks for your call because you were concerned for the storm....today is still beautiful and sunny, but tonight it's supposed to get rainy and windy. I'll keep you posted. Love you guys.

Judi said...

It sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Judi said...

It sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Teresa AKA: T said...

Missy, Missy.... Just a note to let you know the package arrived today... Thanks so much and the pink is just perfect....

And those little flowers are going to work out great on some cards...

Oh and I'm so glad you all had a great weekend... I sure don't know how you cna do it with Mike going out of town so much.... That would so drive me bananas..... Till Next Time.... T