Thursday, July 17, 2008

Playdate, Playroom & Dinner

We had a jammed pack day yesterday ...


First Griffin and I went to the 2nd Pre-School Playdate at his school. It's an open house type of event where the kids play on the playground and get to know each other. They also serve lunch ... hotdogs, chips, watermelon, etc. Griffin enjoyed the Snoopy shaped ice cream they had for dessert.

After the Playdate we headed home and we both took a much needed nap.

Mike arrived home about 3:30 and then he had to head out to meet his flight instructor Tom at his house. Griffin would have no part of Daddy leaving without him. So, Griffin and I went and we were going to drop Mike off and find something to do until he was finished with the meeting.


As we were headed to Tom's house we drove right past The Playroom. I asked Mike to drop us by there and to come back to get us when his meeting was over. This was a great idea!

After his meeting ... Mike came by to pick us up and we headed to Olive Garden for dinner. Oh my ... I had Grilled Balsamic Chicken ... over angel hair pasta with yellow and red tomoatos ... yummo!!!

That's the second time we've been out to dinner this week. We rarely go out to dinner because Mike travels alot and he really gets tired of eating in restaurants. I must say, it was a nice treat though!!

I'm going to surprise Mike with a favorite home cooked meal tonight. He's in Newport News today ... but he will be home for dinner. I'm going to make jambalaya ... double yum! I think that will make him happy!

9 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

Yummm!
I love Olive Garden:)

Colleen Wms said...

I took my mother in law for a test at Chippenham hospital a few weeks back. When she was done, she offered to take the kids and I to lunch. Well I jumped on that one and suggested the Olive Garden in Midlothian since it was "on the way", which it was. Since it was a GI test, I didn't think a nice Wendy's burger would do the trick for her.

Olive Garden--> YUMMY YUMMY

Our food was fabulous and the kids' menu and activities was great. The waiter gave them all sorts of attention. Did I say the Food was good?? :-)

The food was excellent!

Another time I took her for a test out there, I took the kids over to the Playroom on the Southside because we had time to kill. They loved that as well. That had been my first time to any playroom. The Southside location is twice as big.

Wendy said...

I love Olive Garden, mom and I should have eatten there yesterday! Darn

Shoulds like you had a great day!

Is this Griffin's first year at Pre School? He will love it

Bonnie said...

I think it's great the pre-school sets up dates for the kids to get aquainted (the parents too). And Olive Garden, Yum. Jerome has only eaten there once and was not impressed. So needless to say, I won't be going again soon. I'm sure Mike is gonna appreciate any home cooked meal he gets. Glad you had such a great day!

Cecile said...

Hey Girl
I love the Olive Garden too!
I think thats a great idea that the preschool is introducing the kids to each other before it starts and cut down on anxiety for the kiddos:)

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

oh my lucky you---Griffen took you to the big event, the Preschool Playdate Mixer. really upscale-- No adults allowed unless accompanied by a child), games on the playground, followed by an elegant lunch, Hot dogs, chips, watermelen and sculpted snoopy shapped Ice cream for dessert----very impressive---it must have been somethng of a letdown when your Husband took ya out to a chain restaurant----oooh well how much can a girl stand in one day---snoopy ice creams----ooh I'm jealous.

Gary
http://threescoreplusten.blogspot.com/

Andi said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Love the picture of Griffin eating his ice cream.

Anonymous said...

what's jimbalaya?

About Me said...

Olive Garden is one of my favories. I hope your hubby enjoyed his home cooked meal.