Friday, July 18, 2008

My (Current) Favorite Shows.

I thought I would share some of my favorite tv shows right now. My favorites change from time to time ... but this summer this is what I'm watching.

The Next Foodnetwork Star:
My pick to win? Lisa Garza! She's sassy and she can cook.

So You Think You Can Dance:
I would like to see Twitch win. I remember he didn't make the top dancers on last season. He came back this season to try out again and made the top 20. Way to go Twitch. My favorite girl dancer is Katee.

Design Star:
Mmmmmm ... let's see ... Matt Locke. LOL ... everytime I hear his name I think of Matlock the tv show from the 80s/90s. He's not only a good designer he's a carpenter as well.

Nashville Star:
Hands down ... Melissa Lawson SHOULD win this competition. But I'm really torn because Gabe Garcia is a GREAT singer as well. So, hopefully we'll see the two of them as the last two standing and hopefully they will both earn recording contracts.

Project Runway:
This season just started and I've taped it on DVR, but I've not watched the first episode yet. I will get around to that soon.

Jon & Kate Plus 8:
I seriously LOVE this show. At first I didn't think much of Kate but then I came to realize she HAS to act like that. I know how I feel sometimes with only one child ... she has EIGHT KIDS!! I love this show!!!

Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood:
Okay ... I'm not really sure why I like this show so much, but I do. Maybe it's the fact we get to see into the life of a celebrity that seems to act "real". And she's a Mommy. Another reason I like her. Yes, I think Tori Spelling comes off as spoiled sometimes ... but I think she is trying her best to live a happy life and provide for her children the best way she knows how to.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the Next Foodnetwork Star and Lisa is my pick too.

Don't watch any of the other shows, but I find myself watching some weir stuff Shear Genius and split ends, I watched some really stupid show called Queen Bees!

Bonnie said...

I don't watch any of those shows, but then again, I really don't watch alot of TV. The only 2 shows I really watch are Ghost Hunters and Ice Road Truckers. The rest of the time, I'm either on the computer or have my nose in a book. I did want to mention, though, that Thayne Jasperson, from Provo, Utah is the son of a State Farm Agent. I do know that he has been voted off.

Judi said...

Thanks for the heads up. I watch John & Kate plus 8. Sometimes I watch some of the others as well. I don't like summer much.

MRMacrum said...

Not sure why, but watching food shows is like watching paint dry for me. You'd think as much as I love eating and eating pretty much anything, I would be more into it.

My single daughter loves "Jon and Kate plus 8" also. So I have been exposed to this family madness on a regular basis. I was grumpy and harumphed the first couple of times I watched it with her. Who wants to see another family deal with baby emissions? But then I became a fan when I saw the show about visiting the zoo. "Do Not attack the Penquin" as 8 evil little gnomes look innocent but you know they have evil plans brewing behind those cute eyes.

Jill LaFaye said...

I am with Bonnie..I haven't heard of these shows before..and I am not a TV person..(I think I have ADD..it is hard for me to sit that long..ha!)but I am familiar with the Foodnetwork..that one sounds interesting!

Jill LaFaye said...

Oh..
Bonnie,
Trae my son watches Ghost Hunters..he has 2 seasons on DVD of it.
The other day..Izabelle, Mattie & I went into Nashville so I could get a haircut..I was very early and my hairdresser was running behind..so we went to a local Mexican restaurant..El Mariachi..and their TV was on the History Channel..and advertising Ice Road Truckers..she watches it with her dad..when she visits:)
I might have to check that one out..or set it on the DVR..I used to be a receptionist for 6 years at a semi-trailer company.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO, you watch lots of shows woman :)

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

I am not into cooking shows per se, and in the summer the networks only offer us reruns of the fall shows or punch in "reality TV" shows that have no writers---and are pretty much of a cut somebody off at the knees so you stand taller plot line----a lot of no name actors, getting paid the minimum tv wage----least those shows give them some employment. I mostly watch movies rented from Netflix, and watch reruns of either one of the CSI shows (NY,Vegas& Miami)or "Law & Order".

Gary

Cecile said...

I don't watch to much TV I am usually on the computer or scrappin at night:)I do turn it on in the morning to see what the weather is gonna be like for that day.
I do watch Paula on the food network sometimes.

Simple Man said...

Don't have much time for TV since I have been driving the #98 Bubba's Hub Caps Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series (PS2) I do like CSI: Miami, NCIS, Charmed and WWE when I am not driving

Andi said...

Hmmm...I must be really out of touch with the current television lineup. I haven't watched any of these shows. I usually have the telly on HGTV or TLC on Friday nights.