Monday, July 28, 2008

Goochland Farmers Market.

Saturday we went to the Goochland Farmers Market ...

They had many fun things for the kids to do and lots of good homegrown things to bring home with us.


My favorite ... sunflowers!


Griffin checks out the produce in one of our favorite stands.


Picking just the right squash and zucchini for our stir fry ...


Snuggling up with a furry friend. If Mike was not severely allergic to cats ... this little guy may have found his way home with us.


This one sunflower brings loads of sunshine to my kitchen ...


A little girl made these adorable Bug Catchers ... we thought this was a great way to catch fireflies and bring them inside for a little while.


And a little homegrown goodness. I can't wait to bake the garlic in olive oil, mix it with some butter and then serve on some sour dough bread. That's a Paula Deen recipe by the way.

I love going to the Farmer's Market ... we're definately going back soon.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I would have loved to have gone with you. Looks like a fun place to go. I just knew you were going to buy a sunflower, it's so you. The zucchini and squash looked fantastic. I can't find any that look good around here.

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I've been on teh hunt, when I get out for a field of sunflowers to photograph...so far they have all been a little too private or on dangerous roads....cute bug container

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

damn I remember catching fire flies when I was a kid, that was back in 1940-44 in Indiana----we use any glass jar with a lid, which we punched holes in so the bugs could breath.

Wendy said...

You have made me hungry talking about garlic and butter. Did you see who won last night on The next food network star? I was so hoping Lisa would win, but I betcha she shows up on another show, she has a fantastic cooking talent.

Love the sunflowers they are one of my favorites, I think I will plant some next year!
Thanks for sharing

Judi said...

You are making me hungry.

Andi said...

I love your sunflower! I always think of you when I see pretty sunflowers Missy. I also like the great vase you have it displayed in.

The farmers market looks like a good one. The colors of the produce are wonderful.

The look on Griffin's face as he hold that little kitten is priceless!!!

Jill LaFaye said...

We went to our Nashville Farmers Market yesterday.
I really enjoy shopping for fruits and veggies there.

I love the sunflowers and the cute little bug container. I remember catching fire flies aka lightening bugs when I was a kid:)