Friday, June 27, 2008

Friends & Fun.

We had some serious Summer fun at our house yesterday. It was a perfect Summer day ... lots of sunshine, lots of fun and good friends.

Let's see ... who was here ... Melinda, Grayson, Carol, Hannah, Zachary, Sara, and Sam ... M & G left before I had a chance to snap any pictures of them.


The kids had some fun beating the heat in the little plastic pool


Taking a little breather ... blowing some bubbles


This was such a cute thing ... Griffin and Sam were swinging (thanks to some awesome pushing efforts by Hannah) ... Zach and Sara were at the top hanging their towels down ... the little boys would swing into them ... I tell you ... there were giggles galore going on. It was so cute!


This picture of Hannah and Sara just SCREAMS Summer!!


This is Carol ... H, Z, S and S's mom ... she is a way cool Mom and friend.


This was probably one of the highlights of the day. When Griffin decided to dump a gallon of bubble stuff into the little plastic pool. The kids LOVED this. You have to click on the smaller image of this picture to see the larger version to see the sheer JOY on the kids' faces!


Being outside in the heat calls for lots of tasty ways to beat the heat. Here Sarah and Griffin are enjoying a yummy banana popsicle. I tell you what ... I enjoyed one of these myself and it reminded me SO much of my childhood.


And another cute moment. The banana popsicles were the kind that have two sticks. It was pretty funny because at the same time all of the kids realized they could pull them apart and make two popsicles. I'm so glad I captured this moment on film!!

We are so lucky to have such good friends to spend time with ... we definately have to get together again really soon!!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. What a great way to spend the day.....cool friends, cool food, cool fun.

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

We all had Popsickles back in the earl "40's", they all had two sticks in em---was the only kind we had---cept some moms would save the sticks and make flavored ice cubes with em.---the store bought, dble Stick ones were best, they cost $.05/each, came in strawberry, orange, rootbeer and yes Bananna flavors.

Jill LaFaye said...

I love Griffin's swing set!
Popsicles are the bomb:)

Cecile said...

I love the pic of the kids in the pool with the bubbles.You know whats going through my head right now"Scrapbook Page"!!
I hope that yall have many more fun day this summer :))