Saturday, April 26, 2008

Feeling SO Good.

Friday was just one of those GREAT days where the stars align and it turns into a fantastic day.

We met up with our friends Joanna and Evan at the YMCA for some swimming fun. After that we all came back to our house for a little picnic lunch outside under the trees. It was quite the poetic moment as flowers were literally raining down on us from the trees out back.

The boys had a great time running around the yard, playing on Fort Griffin and well, just being boys. Of course the minute I decided to take some pictures, my camera battery died. It was great fun spending the day with Joanna and Evan!!

And then ... Griffin took a good loooong nap ... and Mike was working at home ... soooo I did something for ME!!

I went to
Salon Karma for a new haircut and color! Here you can see the results ...







Oh my goodness ... I sashayed out of the salon feeling SO good about myself. It's been a very long time since I've gone to an actual salon and had someone color my hair. Of course, I will not be able to get my hair to look like this myself ... but I am loving the results!!!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy,
A busy weekend for us, we are going to St. Petersburg today to watch the Boston Red Sox play the Tampa Bay Rays. On Sunday we are going to Tampa to see Bon Jovi. Tell Mike and Griffin we said Hello.

Your Brother

Andi said...

Your beautiful!!! Love, love, love the new haircut...and color. You look marvelous!!! You always did have a great head of hair Missy.

Your day sounds like it was perfect. I wish you many more where the "stars align". They're always the best!

Cecile said...

Ohhh!! Sounds like fun to go to the salon for a new DO!!
I need to do that for myself I have been coloring and wacking off the bangs too LONG!!!!!
I love how it feels to walk out of the salon with a new Do and feel better about yourself!!Good for you Missy!!
Take Care:))

Sue said...

You look MARVALOUS! Love the color and cut. It's good that you do something for "U" once in a while. Busy Mom's need a little "ME" boost once in a while.

Wendy said...

I love when I get a little me time.
Your hair color and cut looks great.

There's just something about someone else fixing it for you that make it feel special.

Judi said...

Beautiful color & cut. It does feel good to have something done for yourself. I don't know why we don't do it more often. Maybe because we don't have the time.

Heidi Ann said...

I love it! Takes 10 years off you so now you only look 22. Wonderful treat for a wonderful woman!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new look. I wish I could do that. I am at the stage where the gray is almost all the way in and I don't want to start coloring again. But looking at the "new" you, makes me think maybe I should color again. And I definitely need a haircut. I guess you'll be my inspiration to do that. You look wonderful. Give G and Mike hugs and kisses.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

OH yeah, and once again I'll say, it's nice to have some "Missy" pics. Never enough of them.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

you go girl! Good for you

Honeyed Hashette said...

I love the new haircut! Don't you just LOVE that clean fresh perfectly done salon hair feeling? You look "fierce"! Haha!

Yay for perfect days and picnics too!

Susie Q said...

You look just beautiful! Gosh but you have the best hair!!

Some days are just so perfect you want to bottle them up and save them forever!

Love,
Sue