Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oliver.

I fell in love yesterday ...


With this little guy named
OLIVER!

We went to Petsmart yesterday as we are looking for a fish aquarium to buy Griffin for his birthday. There were a couple of Animal Rescue agencies out front with a bunch of different dogs that need a good home.

I immediately saw Oliver ... sitting so sweet and serene and regal in his kennel. I went up to him and he was shaking a little bit (it was very cold outside). All the other dogs were jumping and barking and yelping ... but not Oliver. He was sitting there so quiet and at ease. I just started bawling.

I've visited
BARK'S WEBSITE to find out what I could about Oliver and this is what it says:

Oliver is a laid back kind of guy. We think he's just about 3 years of age, give or take .. He's a wonderful larger pointer spaniel mix who gets along well with other dogs and just loves people. He's not the jumpy type, don't expect him to bowl you over at the front door. He has manners and he'll wait for you to greet him. He is pretty good on a leash also. Oliver is handsome and has been waiting patiently and quietly to be noticed. It's hard to not notice what a good looking and decent fellow this guy is.

I am really torn. I would love to make Oliver a member of our family ... but I feel it's not a good idea to bring an older dog into our home with a small child.

I do hope that Oliver finds a wonderful home ... the one he so desperately deserves.

4 comments:

Judi said...

Don't worry Missy he will find a good home. You can't save them all. I wish we could. I have rescued two cats myself.

Anonymous said...

OMG Missy,I can so relate I have a rescued lab/beagle mix(Daisy) and when we went to find Cole my then 8 yr old son a puppy I defintley wanted to bring them all home.You really have a sweet heart!!
Have a great sunday!!
Cecile

Anonymous said...

3 years old isn't an old dog.

Sue said...

Can you take him on a "trai" basis...to see if he gets along with ya'll? He sounds like a wonderful dog. If he's as laid back as they say, he might be just what you need!