Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Cutting Tools.

Yesterday on Andi's Blog she asked that I share a little about the cutting tools that I have. I think she was specifically referring to my Cricut ... but I actually have a few different cutting tools that I use and love.

Perfect I thought ... something to blog about today!

And you all get to see how messy my work area is right now ...


This is my
Accucut Die Cutting Machine. I've had this thing for years. We actually had this in our Country Craft Gift Shop/Scrapbooking Store in Florida. Our store was called Country Sassafras. Oh how I loved that store ... anyway ... more about the Die Cutting Machine. I have two alphabets. The 2" Vagabond ... remember waaaay back when really all you could find Scrapbooking related was CM? Well, this font looked like the CM Die Cut Letters that you had to buy in packages. Our customers LOVED that they could come to our store and cut out the words they wanted instead of buying complete alphabets. I also have the 1.25" Jill's Chunky letters. I've used that alphabet so many times in so many ways ... it's crazy. And then I also have a number of shape dies as well. It's not a tool that I use all that much anymore ... but it will always have a special place in my heart.


And this is my
Cricut Die Cutting Machine. I *love* this thing!! It's an electronic cutter ... kind of like a sign maker would use. They offer various cartridges (alphabets & shapes) that you can use in the machine. I actually have four cartridges right now. The George Font comes with the machine ... it's not my favorite and I really do not use it all that much. I also have the Boot Camp Font, love it ... and I use it all the time!! And then I have two shape cartridges ... Animal Kingdom ... I haven't used that one even once. And the Doodlecharms Shape cartridge I use ALL the time. It's so cool because you can tell the machine what size you want. You can cut anywhere from 1" to 5". If you want say a 2.5" inch letter or shape, you just turn the dial, load the paper and cut. The only thing I really do not like about the machine is the cutting pad. You have to use a special cutter pad for the machine to work. It has this sticky kind of residue on it that keeps the paper attached to it (which it needs) to cut. Wish they could find another way to make this work.

Oh ... and get this ... I just ordered the Paper Doll Cartridge. It should be here next week. I am sooooo excited about that one!!


I guess I should share the fact that I actually have TWO Cricuts. One is still in the box. LOL. Why two you ask? Well, when we were in Florida in November ... Walmart had these on a special offer for only $75.00! And it came with TWO alphabets ... not just one. They were not on clearance or anything. They had this big set up with the machines, cartridges and various tools to go with it ... for this unbelievable price. They are still selling these at Michael's for $299.00. That's just nuts.


I must say ... I really do believe the
Quickutz Hand Tool is my favorite cutting tool. It's this nifty little die cutter that you press together with your hands. They are many, many, many different shapes and alphabets. I just LOVE this little cutting tool. I use this thing practically everyday!!

Okay ... there you have it ... my cutting tools. I did not really go specifically into how each of them work ... but if you click on the highlighted name there is a link to each tool.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW That is such cool information. First of all I had NO idea you had a scrapbook store in Florida, so that I learned new about you. Why do you not have a store here? I would visit you often.

And I have to agree I love my cricut too. Thanks so much for sharing, see you always have something to Blog about and don't know it.

Tomorrow I think you should blog about yourself and what made you get into paper piecing.

Andi said...

Wow Missy!!! You have all kinds of neat toys...er...tools!!! I may have to seriously consider one of those Cricut machines.

And I remember your wonderful Country Sassafras store. I actually pulled a pen out of my scrapbook pen box the other day and it was from your store.

Jill LaFaye said...

The Cricut machine is awesome..I love mine:)
I also own the Quickutz hand tool..she is pink..and a lot of fun..I recently purchased the Revolution..very cool.
I have been eyeballing the Paperdoll cartridge..I just need to go and purchase it..it has so many cute things on it!

angelsamoungus said...

Wow - I have not done scrapbooking in a while and to see all the new tools is amazing.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Judi said...

Missy,

You need to sell your second Circut on E-bay. I love your work. Keep sharing

Anonymous said...

I like that Quickutz every since you told me about it. I wanna get one of the new Sizzix Big whatever they're called!

Anonymous said...

nice post Missy's and nice tools and machines. Its really good.
Thanks and Regards,
Industrial Tools Suppliers