Sunday, December 23, 2007

The National Christmas Tree, Washington, DC

Last night we drove to Washington, DC to see The National Christmas Tree and The Pageant of Peace ...

I sometimes forget how close we live to DC. It really was ALOT of fun. I hope this is the beginning to an annual tradition.


Here you see The National Christmas Tree and to the left you can see the White House


This is the only picture we got of all of us together. It's kind of blurry here, but if you click on it, it may be more clear. It was pretty late and as you can see Griffin is covering his head with his blanket. He was pretty grumpy by this time ... but you know what? It was worth it!!


The National Christmas Tree is surrounded by a tree representing every state in the union


This is a picture of some of the state trees


This is a better view of The National Christmas Tree all by itself


Us standing in front of The National Christmas Tree


The National Christmas Tree with the Washington Monument to the right


And a final picture ... this is the Capitol Building all dressed up for the holidays with a beautiful illuminated in blue Christmas Tree

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Missy, Thanks for sharing, I have never been to DC, but once when my sister came to visit, isn't that terrible to be so close and never go, it's like Williamsburg, I never go unless out of town people come or a school trip. Maybe now the kids are older and can appreciate all the history, we will have to take a trip to DC again.

Andi said...

What a wonderful adventure! The National Chritmas Tree is beautiful. I didn't know they surrounded it with trees representing every state. What great pictures! Love the group family shot.

I've never been to DC...but I do watch the White House Christmas on HGTV every year!!!

Teresa AKA: T said...

Awesome Missy, Glad you got to go and I hope your family makes it a tradition from now on.... Merry Christmas and Thanks for the card.... T

Susie Q said...

I would love to be there at this time of year! How special!
WE love DC and miss going as often as we did when living near by.
Grace wants to go soon so another trip may be in the offing!

I love your family picture...and I am so glad you had such a sweet Christmas.

You are a blessing dear Missy.

Love to you all,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Wow, what awesome pictures Missy!