Monday, December 24, 2007

It's Christmas Eve.

Yesterday was our baking day ... sorry I didn't download the pictures of the things we made yet.

Let's see ... we made ...
Three Hershey Bar Pies
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Balls
Tea Cake Cookies
Chocolate Chip & Pecan Butter Nut Cake

Oh my goodness ... it was so much fun baking with Bett. But, I do have to say ... she is the messiest baker! It's no secret ... I told her ... LOL. She's been doing it alot longer than I have, so really ... I shouldn't say anything.

Here are a couple of pictures of us Mommies with our boys at the mall the other day ...


Momma Missy and Griffin


Momma Bett and Mike

It's so hard to believe it's Christmas Eve. When I was a child Christmas Eve was always the longest day of the year for me. We've decided to have some of our favorite things for dinner tonight like smokey sausages in barbeque sauce, chicken wings, cheese, and whatever fancies us. Normally I make spaghetti on Christmas Eve .. but it's nice to mix it up a bit.

We will probably visit some friends sometime today to deliver some gifts. And then later tonight while "Santa" is getting things put together we will put a favorite
Christmas movie on (like Jingle all the Way).

Why don't you share some of your favorite Christmas and Christmas Eve traditions in the comments area??

2 comments:

Sue said...

Merry Christmas Glave family!
One of the traditions I started with my children that they now do with their children is giving a new Ornament each year for the tree.
Each year I buy them an ornament that is special to each child. A baseball player for the year Bob was in Little League, a cheerleader for the year Laura was a cheerleader, a ballet dancer for Stef when she took ballet. Each year was different because each year they were "into" different things. Now that they have their own families I have given them each all the ornaments from the years past for their own trees. I'm happy to see that each of them has passed this traditon on with thier own children. This year Rachel got a little cell phone ornament, cause she spends so much time on her phone. lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Glave Family, I just wanted to wish you all a blessed Christmas! I received your package today and wanted to thank you for all the great things, I love them all. You are to sweet. Thank you again! Have a wonderful holiday.
June