Friday, August 10, 2007

NOT a fun day.
























Yes ... Griffin is sticking his tongue out at our NOT so fun day.

Last night around midnight our power went out due to a pretty severe lightning storm that came through. The storm seemed to last for hours. It got pretty hot upstairs without any air conditioning (due to the power outage), so Mike and I decided to head downstairs. I slept on the couch and he slept in his chair. It was a pretty restless night. The power came back on about 3:30, but you know when you are in of those "so comfortable you just don't want to move" moods, we opted to stay downstairs. About 5:00 am we headed back upstairs ... and I had a huge headache.

We overslept and woke up about 6:30 and my head was still aching. Mike headed to the shower and I headed downstairs to make his lunch. Griffin was still sleeping ... that was quite unusual.

Everyone got a shower and Daddy headed to work. About 8:00 am the power blinked about 3 times and went out agan. I did not want to stay home without any power. That meant no A/C, no TV, no cooking ... so we headed to Target. I called a neighbor while I was headed to Target to see if the power came back on and it had. So great!

After Target we headed to the Goochland Library and then home. We were back home by 11:00 and my head was still pounding. I had taken an Aleve at 6:30 and was a bit scared to take anything else. I put Griffin in his bed hoping he would nap early. No such luck. Back downstairs we went. Finally at 1:00 he decided it was a"night, night" time. I tucked him in his bed. Then, I turned our ceiling fan on as high as it would go, climbed into bed and fell asleep. I slept until 4:00 pm and thank goodness ... the headache was gone when I woke up.

Griffin was still sleeping, so I headed downstairs to make some iced tea for dinner. Thank goodness I had made spaghetti for dinner last night. Leftovers tonight for us.

After dinner Mike headed to an Experimental Aircraft Association Meeting (EAA), Griffin went down for the night at 8:00 and I finally have time to read my email.

Oh ... and Griffin has had diarrhea for 3 days. I feel so bad for him. He's eating fine, acting fine ... but ewwwwwwww!!! Apparently it's going around.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you've had such an awful day! When I have one of those I just tell myself, "It has to get better, cuz it can't get any worse"! lol
Hope you're feeling better and that nasty ole' headache is gone.

Wendy said...

"Not a fun day" That really sounds like an understatement.
Bless your heart, No Power, A huge headache and diareah! YUK

I have those kind of headaches all the time,nothing helps but going to bed most of the time with a cold washcloth. and sleep.

Glad your feeling better and I hope you do not get Griffins yuk.

Love the new picture, you look so happy and it really shows on your faces

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh the stomach thing is going around...and in August~go figure!

That's quite some nap Mr. G took for you, glad you were able to sleep over your headache.

Hope today is better :)

TK Angels said...

Doesn't it seen like there are more virus going around this year? Hope Griffin is doing better and hope your power does not go off again in this heat.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Susie Q said...

I a so glad thing seem better Missy. No AC in this heat is unbearable. Ours went blinky yesterday but seems fine now.

I am glad your headache is better and poor G! My nephew has the same thing now...but he acts fine sooo...such are kids!

I have a rotten headache too. Maybe it is the weather. Rotten weather too!

Love,
Sue