Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sesame Street.

Griffin loves watching Sesame Street ... and lately I realize it's not just for Elmo.

He is learning ... his ABC's ... how to count ... how to recognize shapes ... characters ... people. It's fabulous. Yesterday he was sitting on the couch watching Sesame Street while I was working. They were counting to 14 ... he sat there and counted with them up to 8. Mike was in the kitchen working too and we both stopped what we were doing just to listen to our boy counting. It was a magical moment.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I learned alot watching sesame street when I was little. It was my favorite. It's so cool when you realize how much they learn by watching a bunch of puppets!!

Anonymous said...

Sesame Street is most definatley a learning experience. I remember learning water in Spanish, rofl

TK Angels said...

I love Sesame Street!! We subscribed to the hard back books and Cindy loved reading and looking at the books. We have handed them down to the grandkids.

Ahh- the memories. That wonderful memory of hearing Giffin count will stay with you forever----especially when you get old like me :)

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Andi said...

I came from the Captain Kangaroo generation but I'm sure Sesame Street is just as wonderful to children now as the Captain and Mr. Greenjeans were to us.

Your magical moment makes a sweet story. You need to journal about this in Griffin's album...the one I KNOW you're making!!! Well...the one you're going to make!!!

Sheila said...

My kids learned a lot from Sesame Street too. I remember one of the first songs my son loved to sing was a counting song in Spanish: "Uno, dos, tres -- quatro, cinco, seis"... and so on. He liked to sing it while jumping on the bed.