Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Love Being Mommy.


This is a picture of Griffin (green car) and Ryan (orange car in front of him) in the Barrell Cars at the Chesterfield Berry Farm on Mother's Day. They had so much fun.

You know ... I really LOVE being a Mommy ... really. For me, it's the BEST job in the world. Every day Griffin amazes me. It might be something he says, or something he does, or perhaps even something he doesn't do. I'm blessed to have such a wonderfully sweet, loving son. Right now he's actually surprising me by sleeping in. It's 7 am and he's still sleeping. This is so unlike him. He's usually up no later than 6 am. I've checked on him twice, he's absolutely fine ... and he's looking pretty adorable up there all snuggled in his bed.

Yesterday Heidi, Keisha, her husband Darrin and all of their children came over for a BBQ planning meeting. It was great fun. The kids had a playdate and we all got the final touches to the BBQ planning finished. Today Griffin and I have to run to Walmart before "Gym" to pick up hamburgers and hotdogs. I love those cooler bags ... if you don't have one, might I suggest they are a great investment. We'll head out about 8:30, buy the cold stuff, put it in the cooler bags and everything will be fine for at least 4+ hours. Wednesday is our "First Annual Mommy/Daddy & Me Cookout" ... I'm kind of excited about it.

My little sweet pea is starting to wake up ... gotta get upstairs for some sweet hugs and kisses from my boy.

Take care everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute is that little ride, almost as cute as little G is in it :)

TK Angels said...

Being a mommy is the best in the world. Watching them grow to become wonderful adults.

The second best thing is being a grandma. It's so different and yet so rewarding to look at their little faces looking up at you so loving.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Andi said...

And you're so very good at it!!! Usually when someone loves being or doing something...they're wonderful at whatever that "thing" is. Griffin is a lucky little boy!