Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Apolo and Julianne.


Photo by: CAROL KAELSON / ABC

Wow ... Wow ... Wow!!!

Dancing With The Stars had a fabulous finale last night!! Two deserving couples were in the finals. Apolo & Julianne and Joey & Kym. Wow!! Both of these couples were GREAT all season. From the get go I was a Apolo & Julianne fan. Joey & Kym were good also ... but A&J ... they just had "IT". And yes ... Apolo and Julianne won the much desired mirrored ball Dancing With The Stars trophy last night.

There were a couple of things that stood out to me last night ...

Wasn't it hilarious watching Ian wearing that white Elvis suit the entire night ... LOL ... everytime the camera scanned the audience, you could definately see Ian. Each couple comes back to the finale wearing the last costume they wore before being voted off ... LOL ... poor Ian.

It was soooo refreshing to hear HONEST comments by Laila. She was "pissed" (her word) that she didn't win. She was most definately a good sport about it. But it was so nice to see someone being "real" and not politically correct.

Okay ... the final thing ... WHY did the couples get scored on the final dance last night? You KNOW the judges would not give any one of them less than a 10. It was great seeing them dance one final time ... but why score it? That was a waste of time.

And finally ... no one came close to the memorable free-style dance that Drew & Cheryl did on Season 2. They danced a Cowboy themed free-style to "Save a Horese Ride a Cowboy" by Big & Rich. That is, and always will be my favorite dance EVER!

Today is the big BBQ day at the park. Griffin and I have been up since 6 am. I have the car packed already and all I have to do is grab the hamburgers, hotdogs and potato salad out of the fridge and we are set to go. I'm really looking forward to this. I think it will be a great day! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Cheryl and Drew's dance was the best!

I was glad to see Laila lose, she's just too cocky and arrogant. Yeah, she could dance but I think her attitude was deterring.

Apollo did great, but I really wanted to see Joey win but all in all, it was a good finale, the last 3 couples were good!

Sheila said...

I was pulling for Apolo too! It was a good show last night!

Andi said...

Hi Missy! I missed the finale of Dancing With The Stars because our plane was late getting in. I'm glad you posted about it. Laila Ali had been my favoirte...she's so much like her Dad...they just speak their mind!

Apollo was wonderful on all the earlier shows I saw so I think his win was well deserved.

Your barbeque picnic sound fun! Can't wait to hear more about it.

TK Angels said...

I taped the segment and have yet to watch. Yesterday at work I came across the headline of who won and I was bummed. I wanted to see it first :)

Take care,
Love,
Terri

TK Angels said...

I taped the segment and have yet to watch. Yesterday at work I came across the headline of who won and I was bummed. I wanted to see it first :)

Take care,
Love,
Terri