Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Zucchini Squash Cakes.

I love Paula Deen ... I think you all know that by now.



The other day I was watching her cooking show and she shared a recipe for Zucchini & Squash cakes. I knew right away I had to try them.



What is better than FRIED vegetables ... right???



This recipe is a little bit time consuming ... but sooo worth the effort.



Here's Paula's recipe for Zucchini & Squash Cakes

1 egg
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup diced onion
1 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 cup bread crumbs
3 medium zucchini squash - shredded
3 medium summer squash - shredded

Mix the first 6 ingrediants together
Then add zucchini & squash
Make into 2" patty cakes and fry in butter/olive oil
Cook 3 minutes on each side

Missy's Tips:

1. I used Italian bread crumbs and did not have to add the italian seasoning

2. Make sure to squeeze as much water out of the shredded zucchini and squash as possible. I just took mine, put it all in a clean/dry dish towel and squeezed it out.

3. Her recipe says to cook it about 3 minutes on each side ... I think it takes a bit longer.

4. Also ... we added more bread crumbs to the mixture than she lists and it would have probably binded better with 2 eggs.

This is a DELICIOUS recipe and HIGHLY recommended!!!

8 comments:

Andi said...

Wow!!! Those really look wonderful!!! Can we come for dinner???

I love Paula Deen too!

Nonie said...

Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

hmm. Wonder if these travel well? Yummy! lol I am getting hungry looking at them. I love Paula too!

Anonymous said...

yikes forgot to sign my name! Tricia

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't like zucchini or squash but I'd imagine it's even better when those veggies are in season :)

Oh, regarding your last comment on my blog...I so WISH I could have a fresh start but my husband will not move :(

Sheila said...

They look scrumptious! I love any kind of fried veggies like that.

Betty Jo said...

I've had similar made only with zucchini and they were delicious. Will have to give these a try too. I know already we will love them. xoxox

Cassandra said...

Yummy...these look soooo good!