Friday, March 09, 2007

Productive.


I was quite productive yesterday and actually created TWO paper piecings for Ebay yesterday afternoon. I made this BOYS Paper Piecing and I also made a repeat of my Easter Tear Bunny as well. I honestly think this BOYS paper piecing is one of my favorite paper piecings that I've ever created.

I love it when I actually have the time, energy and creative focus to make things. It's such a joy to start with nothing and then have a finished item. This BOYS paper piecing was very time consuming ... even though it may not look like it. I had the dinosaur tags on there and then wanted something "else". I tried stars and swirls and they just didn't look right. Then I took my pom pom punch and cut the punchie in half and thought it looked like grass ... and voila ... it was the exact thing I was looking for. Then on the bears ... I made little hats for them and did not like the way they looked, so the hats came off. Then I put the grass pieces behind the bears and felt I finally had a finished paper piecing.

As I type this Griffin and I are sharing my office chair. He is standing up in the back half watching Sesame Street and I am sitting on the front half doing computer stuff. The absolute best part is I'm getting hugs and kisses from my little guy without even asking. It's the best of both worlds today.

Here's wishing everyone a very happy weekend!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so cute Missy! I love the last 2 you've made....the Princess one

Cute chair sharing, not to mention you know what G is up to by being right behind yah ;)

Nonie said...

This one is really cute. I love it!

Cassandra said...

That boy PP is great! There's nothing better than hugs and kisses from your babies!

Wendy said...

I love this one too. I like the way the bears and bunnies look fuzzy!! Great job.
Have a great weekend

Sheila said...

Very nice! You are so talented.

Sandy said...

hey! haven't heard from you in a while and it was so great to see a message in my email today! Your boy is precious!!! What a great time of life, and it seems as if you are relishing every moment. :) Good for you!

Take care, talk to you soon. Sandy

Andi said...

Yes, you are very talented! This is my very favorite one yet!!! I love the "Boy" paper piecing...so cute.

Good hugs and kisses from your cutie guy Griffin...now that's the best yet!

Sue said...

The "boy" one is absolutely darling Missy! I can really see the creative juices are flowing in you. As you described how you designed your piece it reminded me of the way I did mine...trying this and that till it looked just right. I do miss making my paper piecings..just don't have the time now. Have a great weekend.

Susie Q said...

I love the things you have done recently...you are so creative.
Thank you for doing the Autism site post. My nephew is undergoing a lor of testinng just now and one of the possible diagnosis may be Autism...this is a tough time but we will all get through it. I just love that little boy so much...
Love and hugs to Griffin...oh Missy! I hate that my post made you homesick!! : (
Love,
Sue

Cheryl Wray said...

Congrats for getting so much done!
I love the boy design.So cute!!

TK Angels said...

Wow-I just love your Teddy Bears!!!

You are such a great mom. Hugs and kisses from Griffin are wonderful!!

Cherish these days. They grow up so fast. You hear that a lot- but it does not become a reality until they are gone from the nest.

Take care,
Love,
Terri