Friday, January 19, 2007

Snow Flurries ... Finally!

I woke up this morning with a sore throat, headache, congestion and feeling pretty yucky. We are supposed to have friends over today for a playdate. (Update: I called Heidi and we are most definately still on for the playdate ... yaaaa!)

Yesterday we drove to the Party Store at Short Pump. I am planning Griffin's 2nd birthday party (February 7th) and needed to get some invitations. I've already pre-ordered his birthday cake ... Elmo of course. So, I went looking for Elmo invitations and party supplies. They really had a limited supply of Elmo stuff, so I started looking around and saw the Bob the Builder collection. Oh my gosh ... it's so cute. I could get little yellow hard hats and plastic hammers. MMMMMMM ... should I change the theme? I decided not to since I've already pre-ordered the cake. Maybe we'll use the Bob theme next year.

When we were getting in the car, the snow flurries began. I really want it to snow ... just a little bit. Not too much. The snow flurries were barely coming down, but you could definately tell it was snow and not just rain.

We then went to Short Pump to meet Cyndi and her boys for lunch ... it was her birthday. She decided on a Chopped Salad from Maggiano's, so I went by there first to pick it up and then we headed to the Food Court to meet up with them so the boys could play and then we could have lunch together. We had a nice time.

Short Pump Towne Center is an outdoor mall, and it was absolutely FREEZING outside!! As I was trying to find Maggiano's Griffin started to scream and I could not figure out why. He was in his stroller and as far as I could tell nothing was wrong. I had him all bundled up with a hat on. Then I saw him hands. I had forgotten his mittens ... and his hands were so red and cold. I stepped into the vestibule at Dillards to warm them up. I felt sooooo bad. I really think it was painful for him. I will now remember to put mittens in my purse for an emergency situation.

Anyway ... I hope this "whatever" I have goes away soon. I so do not like being sick.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad to hear the snow didin't get to bad there. We didn't get anything. It is suppose to snow on Sunday. I'm just hoping all this cold weather will kill all the germs.

Happy Friday

Andi said...

Sure hope you get feeling better!

Griffin loves Elmo so much right now I would stay with that theme too. Oh my gosh...hard to believe he's going to be 2. The time just flies!

Maybe you should stick an extra pair of mittens in your jeep in case it turns cold and your outside. That way you'll have a pair with you. I would have never thought about that living in Florida.

Anonymous said...

Feel better!

Do you still carry a diaper bag for G? Stick the mittens in there :)

I feel icky too, very stuffy nosed and I even went to bed last night at 8! Asleep by 9, missed The OC too :( boo hooo

Sue said...

Sooo sorry you're feeling "under the weather" Missy. We had some snow flurries here a couple of days ago too! It has finally turned cold also and they are calling for snow on Sunday. I just hope it happens, I really would like to see some snow! Take care, eat some chicken soup and get well soon.

Jolene George said...

So glad you're getting some snow...I'm getting rain sprinkles. :o)
Poor little frozen fingers.
I just love Elmo, but see party potential with Bob the builder...perfect for when he turns 3.
Get feeling better sweet Missy. Stay out of the cold and enjoy the snow from IN the house. :o)

Cheryl Wray said...

The bday party sounds great!! He will love whatever you choose!
Okay, is Short Pump a name of a town? Too cute!!!
Hope you get feeling better soon!!
And I'm VERY jealous of your snow flurries. Just cold and dreary here, but everything melts and warms up slightly before it gets as far South as us!