Thursday, December 14, 2006

Island Scrapbooking ...

I've been island scrapbooking ... sounds EXOTIC doesn't it?

In reality ... it's KITCHEN island scrapbooking ... so NOOOOO, it's not very exotic. After two years of trying to get things where I can work AND still be the Mommy that I want to be to Griffin ... I've discovered island scrapbooking.


Mainly I work while Griffin is napping during the day, or asleep at night. But I've also found a way to do a little bit while he's awake during the day. I collect whatever I need to work on and just leave it on the island and then I work on it when I can here and there. He can't reach the top of the island, so I do not have to worry about "little hands" touching or grabbing things. It gives me so much comfort to know I can work a little bit throughout the day.


See ... actually PRE-MADE stuff. Pure Bliss.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute are those Santas!!

Nope, it's not behind the couch because we just rearranged our family room the other day for the tree and the couch is open in the back, hard to explain I could take a pic if you want

Andi said...

What cute things you've made! This is a great idea Missy...you can spend time with your little guy and still be creative. All young Mom's need an island!

Anonymous said...

I have that same little organizer that I store all my "body" parts in. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Your things are just TOO wonderful! That is why I won a couple of them on ebay! : )

Can't wait to use them! I am getting back to scrapbooking after the holidays! Yippee!

Fondly,
Sue

Cheryl Wray said...

Island Scrapping . . lol!!
I love the tags!!I need some ideas for homemade ornaments and I might can "steal" some of those ideas!